Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Perfectly Poised Party Dip

Ah! Now for my very first entry... since it's Holiday Time I think I will put down my "Perfectly Poised Party Dip" Recipe.  This is what I take to every single holiday event this time of year.  It's delicious, cost effective, and is very little effort- so I can commit to curling my hair rather than cooking.  This is always a hit, always the first dish gone, and everyone always thinks I spent a LOT of time on it.  So on my stress scale of 1-10, 1 being sipping a cocktail and listening to smooth jazz and 10 consisting of going to do ANYTHING at the DMV,  this ranks a 1.  This dish can be made last minute with stuff that's usually in your fridge.  Feel free to jazz it up and play with some spices but really you can't go wrong with a 3 ingredient recipe.  Showing up with a dish like Martha Stewart and hair like Greta Garbo definitely makes you an everyday pinup.


Holiday Onion Dip

Ingredients

1 cup Vidalia Onions chopped
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 cup Cheddar (or if you prefer another cheese then get to experimenting)

Mix it all together and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.  Serve with a
box of crackers (I use Townhouse).  If you are going to a large party (10+ people) make sure that you double the batch.

Prep Time: 3 minutes.
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Stress Scale: 1 (cocktails and music)

No comments:

Post a Comment