Thursday, January 3, 2013

Beauty in the Kitchen: Cocoa Coffee Face Mask

As part of my 2013 resolutions I'm going to attempt to keep up with my blog. I realize that I suck at staying on task and it's a shame because I have so many things to share with the online pinup community. So, today we begin the new year with a lovely face mask that you can make with the stuff in your refrigerator.


THE COCOA COFFEE FACE MASK

I found this recipe online a few years ago though I no longer remember where I got it from but I've adjusted it and become married to certain ingredients so I guess it's my version now. This recipe makes about 2-3 masks for the face or can be doubled for a mask for your body if that is your desire.



2 tablespoons espresso or finely ground coffee

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (not hot cocoa mix...)

4 tablespoons PLAIN greek yogurt (I use non-fat because that's what I eat but you can use full fat)

1 tablespoon honey






I find that fresh coffee is preferable to coffee grounds but you can use either. I put the dry ingredients together first and mix them.








Then add in your Greek yogurt and honey.  I use Greek yogurt because it make a thicker, less messy paste. If you are using regular yogurt mix it 1 tbsp. at a time until it's the consistency you want. I like mine like cake frosting. That way it doesn't drip onto everything I own.



Smear it all over your face and attempt not to get it onto EVERYTHING. I know my picture is low quality but I couldn't resist showcasing my amazing chihuahua wanting to be in the picture. My hand is preventing her from actually licking my face... this face mask is NOT meant for puppy ingestion... in fact it's toxic to them so do not feed this face to any animals. No matter how badly they want to eat it.

Let it dry... (It takes about 20-30 minutes- but you should know... I cheat and sit in front of a fan. Ha Ha Ha!)

DON'T SCRUB IT OFF! The coffee granules could scratch up your face so please just hop in the shower and rinse it off using your hands. You can also soak a wash cloth and let it sit on your face to loosen the mask but I'm no non-sense and just bypass extra work by taking a shower.  There will be no photo of me in the shower.



This should make your skin glow, ( please ignore my acne... a lot of candy, cookies, cake and chocolate happened in the last month and has wrecked havoc on my face... hence why I'm putting a face mask on it) the caffeine in the coffee and cocoa powder brighten the skin. If you use this on your body it can also combat cellulite- not permanently, sorry. Caffeine stimulates blood flow and that can reduce the appearance of cellulite and puffiness.

My face is super soft, less puffy, and my skin is tighter and firmer and I'm about to put some moisturizer on it to protect it.

Try it out and let me know what you think! 



1 comment:

  1. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.
    מסאז מפנק

    ReplyDelete